Fabletics Review: Lima Capri, Miri Tank, Sevan Bra

I got my second Fabletics order. I was eager to try a different bottom since I wasn't jazzed about the Salar Legging I got in my first order (see original review and second review with exchanged size).

I odered the Sevier outfit ($59.95), which included Lima Capris, Miri Tank, and Sevan Bra.

The Miri Tank got tons of bad reviews, so I was prepared to send it back. Reviewers said it was huge, so I sized down to an extra-small (my Lulu CRB size is 6 for reference.) I got it in black.
I was very pleasantly surprised at this tank. I love the design of the back. The fit is slim and hits just above mid-hip. I usually like longer lengths, but I am hesitant to exchange for a size up because so many reviewers said there is too much material in their regular size. The fabric is thick and opaque.

The Sevan Bra got mixed reviews. Some people said it was so low support that it was practically useless. Others raved about it. Based on some reviews saying it runs a bit big, I ordered a size small (my Lulu Energy Bra size is 8). I ordered it in the Mulberry color.
I loved this bra! The fabric is so incredibly soft, and it's very comfortable, even with the strap going across the back of the neck, which I didn't think I'd like. There is adequate coverage--you can see just a touch of cleavage. It is, however, very low support. I would only wear this bra for lounging around the house and yoga, and not even active yoga.

The mulberry shade goes well with the Salar Leggings I got last month, so I tried the top and bra on with those leggings.
Fabletics Salar Leggings (M), Miri Tank (XS), Sevan Bra (S)

I love the back!

This shows where the logo on the tank is--basically just above the logo on the leggings. I wonder if Fabletics places all their logos in that spot?

I ordered the Lima Capri in the Evergreen/Citron Stripe color. Based on the Salar Legging in small being too tight, I ordered a medium.

I know that Insightful Athlete and others love these capris, so I had high hopes. Unfortunately, these were also a miss for me. My big complaint with the Salar Leggings is the fabric--scratchy and not stretchy. Even though the fabric content of the Lima Capri is identical (86% polyester, 14% spandex), the fabric did seem a bit better. It felt stretchier at least. But the sizing was off. There didn't seem to be a lot of extra fabric like with the Salar Legging, but the waistband is loose on me. I just wore the Salar Legging for a strength training workout last night, and they were awful! The fabric didn't stretch with me (it felt like I was going to split them every time I did a squat), and there was a huge gap so that I had plumber's butt ever time I squatted. I would bet the Lima Capri will be the same, but I also bet the small will be too small. I think I'm just in between sizes so that neither will work.

What's more, while I love the color in the photos, I don't love it in person. I worry that I'll look like a grasshopper, and I just don't think the shade does anything for me. I also don't like the decorative stitching at the bottom. I have large calves and really don't want to draw attention to them! Still, they are so cheap that I'm considering keeping them just for lounging.




 

What do you think--keep or return?

I ordered one other item--the Cumberland Tee in Plum for $19.95. I ordered a size small.

I love this tee! I think it might be my favorite item from this order. It's made in the USA and is a nice, basic tissue-weight tee. The arms are long and have thumbholes. It is fitted but not tight. I will wear this a lot as a base layer in the fall and as a lightweight top in the summer.
Fabletics Cumberland Tee (S)

So far, the Fabletics tops have been hits and bottoms have been misses for me. This is unfortunate since you have to order a complete outfit. I think I may have to cancel my membership. I'll check the outfits next month, but I can't see myself ordering either the Salar Leggings or Lima Capris again.

Did you order anything from Fabletics? If so, do you like their bottoms? 

If you're interested in trying Fabletics, you can get your first outfit for just $25, and you can cancel at any time. So even if you just get the first outfit and cancel, it's a pretty good deal. If you do decide to try Fabletics, I'd appreciate if you used my referral link.

Labels: , ,