Roasted Cauliflower in Lemon-Tahini Sauce

I've been making this recipe ever since it came out in the October 2006 issue of Vegetarian Times. I love roasted cauliflower plain with just a little salt, but the lemon-tahini sauce really gives the cauliflower an interesting taste. It's also easy to make and not something I've made for my family, so I brought it to holiday dinners at my husband's and my family's last week. It got mixed reviews. My husband's family really liked it, but they tend to always eat different things. My own family pretty much sticks to the basics when it comes to food. Hummus is exotic to them. None of them had ever tried anything with tahini sauce, with the exception of hummus, and some of them liked this dish and some didn't. If you like cauliflower and you like tahini sauce, you will love this dish!



Roasted Cauliflower in Lemon-Tahini Sauce 

Recipe from October 2006 Vegetarian Times


1. Place oven rack in top position. Preheat oven to 425°F.

2. Toss cauliflower with 2 tsp. olive oil, and season with salt. Spread on large cookie sheet, and bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until cauliflower is fork-tender and slightly browned.

3. Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tsp. olive oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Sauté garlic in oil 1 to 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Stir in tahini, lemon juice, 5 Tbs. water, and salt. Simmer over low heat 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.

4. Poor sauce over cauliflower, stir gently with a spatula, and sprinkle with parsley and sesame seeds.

Labels: