Fall Activewear + Athleta Wish List

August brings the launch of new fall releases in activewear. Fall colors are usually my favorite, so I was excited to see what my favorite brands are offering.

Lululemon, Beyond Yoga, and Athleta all have similar color palettes for fall--deep and/or soft blues, maroons and deep reds, and greys. I like those colors but have enough of them already so wasn't very excited. I would love to see some pretty greens and yellows, and of course I'd never turn down a new purple!

Nothing in the first of Lululemon and Beyond Yoga's releases really interests me, but the Athleta catalog and I have been spending a lot of time together. I tend to buy more casual wear stuff from Athleta, and most of the new stuff I like would be more for casual wear. I know that the Athleta sales cycle is to offer 20% off a month or two after a new release. It's rare that items sell out quickly at Athleta, but it's been happening more frequently, especially in the more popular prints and products. Still, I'll take my chances and wait for a sale. Here's what I'm lusting after!

Energy Chataranga Capri, $64
I have Chat Capris and Tights and like them, but I've found that the fabric varies a lot in the different prints and style. I have no idea what the fabric on these is like, but I love the muted green and spacedye print. These are the one item I think will sell quickly. It's also available in black and a vibrant blue.
Mind Over Mat Capri, $69
Beyond Yoga had a similar version of this lattice-style crop, but it sold out before I could order it. This is a new crop style for Athleta, so I have no idea what the fabric is like. This is another item I think may sell quickly.

Criss Cross High Waisted Metro Legging, $84
Textured tights seem more refined, and the front and back pockets on these leggings would make them great for travel and casual wear. I haven't tried anything from the Metro line yet. These come in special lengths too.

Stripe Midtown Trouser, $89
I'm always attracted to loose-fitting pants, but they never fit me right. I have the casual La Viva Pant, a looser pant, and rarely wear it. Still, I love the look of these for casual wear.

Transcend Top, $54
I love Athleta's casual tops. I wear them almost every day, usually as a light layer over a tank if the AC is on (which it always is this summer). This top is a new style, and I love this Jazzy Purple Heather color. There's also a pretty striped version. It's a loose fit and has a cute pleated detail in the back.
Pose Top, $79
I'm intrigued by this top because it looks like a sweater but is supposed to be ultra lightweight and super soft.

Odyssey Wrap, $79
I might consider buying this at full price because I know this style works well for my body type. I love this heathered, muted green, which would go with the majority of my bottoms, especially plums and purples.

Heathered Wrap It Up Dress, $89
This is probably my favorite item of all the new releases. I know this style works for me, and I'd be able to wear it both for work and casually with tights underneath. Do I really need to wait for a sale?!

Bodega 2 Skirt, $69
This is an old customer favorite re-released in new colors. I have two of these skirts and love them for travel. They are soft and wicking but look like a casual skirt. I have worn them out to dinner dressed up and over my bikini at the beach. There is a zippered pocket in back. Note that it runs long. I bought the petite size for a shorter length.

I am also really liking Lorna Jane's new releases. They are using a blue/grey/peach palette I like. It still feels a bit summery. I have two LJ tanks that I wear running frequently when it's not too hot (they are not the lightest weight), and they're very well made and hold up well. I'd love this tank if it goes on sale.

Classic Ombre Excel Tank, $65.99
The colors in this tank are so pretty, and I love the design of the back.

What's on your wish list? What colors do you want to add to your fall activewear wardrobe?

Labels: , , ,