Performance Review: Splits 59 Devon Tank & Beyond Yoga Leggings

I recently tried two new-to-me brands and was so impressed I had to write up a review!

I first learned of Splits 59 from Suzanne at Agent Athletica and have been wanting to try the Devon Singlette Tank ever since I saw her review. When Hautelook (a daily email promotion from Nordstrom Rack) offered them for just $30 (regular price is $64), I couldn't resist and bought two, one black and one in the pretty green mercury color. Note that there is a new version of the tank that is slightly different from the ones I got, but Suzanne noted that both versions are great.
Splits 50 Devon Singlette Tank I
Back of Mercury and front of Black

The fabric is luxe-feeling and silky, and the cut is flowing and breezy. I ordered a medium (my Lulu cool racerback size is 6) and initially thought it was too big, but I really love the billowy style so kept both.

While the fabric is amazing and the style very comfortable, the back makes the tank. The open style is perfect for hot days, and I love that it shows off cute bras.

The tank is so loose that I don't think I'll wear it running (it will probably flop around), but I have worn both several times on hot days for casual wear and workouts, and I really love them. While the fabric itself isn't super light, the open back really kept me cool on hot days. If the tank is released in another color I love, I will definitely order more! I'd also like to try more from Splits 59 because the quality and fabric are really great.
Close-up front of the Devon Tank

Front of the Devon tank
Back of Devon Tank
with Fabletics bra and Beyond Yoga leggings
Back of Devon Tank
(not that I would wear without a bra in public)

If you're into fitness gear, you likely have heard about the wonders of Beyond Yoga leggings. I know many women think they are the best leggings. When I saw the Essential Gathered Leggings on sale (once on Amazon.com and most recently through Hautelook), I ordered a pair in Pine Needle (a dark green) and Seaglass (a light bluish-green). I love them!
Beyond Yoga Essential Gathered Leggings in Seaglass (l) and Pine Needle

I ordered both in a size small (I wear size 6 in Lulu leggings). When they came out of the package, they were so tiny I thought there was no way they would fit. But the actually fit really well. They are a bit tight on my hips, but I have large hips. Otherwise, they fit well and are very comfortable. And the fabric. The fabric!!! Everyone is right that these are the softest leggings you will find. I have worn and washed my first pair several times and do not see any pilling. Also, they have great coverage and aren't sheer, even the lighter shade.

The bottom of the leggings (they are actually crops) are gathered, creating a cute detail on the calves. You can pull the leggings down or up for more or less of the gathered look.

I wore the leggings for walking, hiking, and yoga and was very comfortable in them. Between the comfort, fabric, and the gathered detail, I really love these leggings. Plus, they are made in the USA!
Pine Needle Essential Gathered Leggings in size small
Detail of gathered leg
Front view of Essential Gathered Legging
Back view of Essential Gathered Legging
If you're curious about the color of Seaglass, it's a big more blue-ish than Lulu's Bali Breeze, which is more green. I compared Seaglass to Bali Breeze, Blue Tropics, and Surge, and it was closest to Blue Tropics.
From top left: Lulu Bali Breeze, Beyond Yoga Seaglass,
Lulu Blue Tropics, and Lulu Surge at bottom


Both Splits 59 and Beyond Yoga regularly have sales. Sign up for emails to get their promotions. Beyond Yoga just released their fall collection, so a lot of their summer collection is on sale and they sometimes have a sale on their sale items. Also, check out Amazon for more deals on Beyond Yoga.

Labels: , ,