Weekly Recap: May 25 - 31

Hello and Happy Sunday! I'm back from a long weekend away in Boston, where my husband and I got to see good friends and had fun exploring the city. I'll post pics this week, but you know I had to visit the Boston Marathon finish line!

This past week was a rest week after the half marathon on Memorial Day. Total mileage was 16.11 miles. I can't wait to get back to running and strength training this week!

Monday
13.11 miles: Ghost Town Trail Half Marathon (recap)

Tuesday
Rest

Wednesday
50 minutes yin yoga

Thursday
3 miles in 33:31
I was supposed to take the rest of the week off from running, but knowing I wouldn't be able to run all weekend, I just needed to get out. It was 65F, and I felt like running fast. I don't think I've run at anything close to 5K pace (9:30) all year! I decided to run fast for a mile and time myself, so after a mile warm-up I ran hard and finished the mile in 9:08--pretty good for me! I ended with a mile to cool down, and it was a really nice little run.
Lulu Heathered Spacedye Jeweled Magenta Swiftly & Bangbuster
Black Pace Rival Skirt


We flew to Boston in the evening.

Friday
I don't have an activity monitor so I'm not sure how far we walked, but we were walking around from 10 a.m. until about 6 p.m. When we got back to my friend's place, which has a rooftop deck with fantastic views of the Boston skyline, I did yoga on the rooftop deck. It was so awesome!

Saturday
This was another full day of walking around sightseeing from morning until early evening.

Sunday
Rest. It was a great weekend, but it's always good to be home!

Have a great week running and working out!

Labels: ,