My Plant-Based Race Nutrition Plan

This training cycle I've figured out the best race nutrition that works for me. I started with advice from online articles, books, and other runners and tweaked it for what works for me based on my performance at races and long training runs and to make it plant-based. These are the strategies I'm following this week.

Race Week



Three Days Before the Race

Some typical meals that work well for me include:

For snacks I have bananas, apples, oranges, pretzels, and whole-wheat toast with peanut butter.


Day Before the Race

Morning of the Race

During the Race


After the Race
Whatever I want! :) There will be lots I can snack on at the finish line, like a bagel, fruit cup, potato chips, and pretzels. Because I will stay Downtown to cheer on the marathoners, I will eat a more substantial lunch afterwards.

Labels: , ,