I'm a Pittsburgh Marathon Blogger!

Happy Chinese New Year! 2015 is the Lunar Year of the Sheep. Here's an interesting article about what Chinese fortune tellers are predicting for the year. Because the sheep is gentle, it could be a more docile year. Interestingly, because the sheep is strongly connected to the wood element, this year could see a rise in earth-friendly trends like becoming vegetarian. Interesting!

Like much of the country, Pittsburgh is still mired in crazy cold weather. Our local paper had an article saying this February ranks as the coldest we've had in 140 years! But, I'm still running outside. :-) It was 1 degree with a -12 wind chill when I went out this morning for my 4-mile run. I told myself if it was bad I could cut my run short since it was just an easy run. But, it honestly wasn't bad! Again, the right gear is a lifesaver! I had no problem comfortably getting in my miles.


But my most exciting news is that I was invited to be an Official #GameOnPGH Blogger for the the 2015 DICK’s Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon! If you read this blog, you know that I'm training for the Pittsburgh Half Marathon, one of my two goal races for this year. I'm so excited I'll get to share my journey as an official blogger! I'll be writing my first post on it next week.

Stay warm, everyone!

Labels: , ,