Happy Monday! Today I'm linking up with Confessions of a Mother Runner and Tina Muir for Meatless Monday.
I typically bake cookies and give them as holiday gifts, but I feel a little guilty doing so. There are so many sweets around the holidays, and I hate to contribute to the sugar overload. So this year I made less cookies and also make a healthier edible gift, Spiced Nuts. I packaged them in holiday-themed treat bags and gave them along with a bottle of wine.
These are really easy to make, and the savory, spicy taste is really good. If you need a last-minute gift idea, try these!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 6 ounces mix of raw walnuts and pecans
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, depending on you spicy you want (1/2 teaspoon is just a little spicy)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with vegetable oil.
- Put all the nuts in a bowl and spray with vegetable oil. Stir them around and spray more until the nuts are evenly coated with oil.
- Add the spices and mix well until the nuts are evenly coated with spices.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Immediately remove from the baking sheet and put into a cold bowl so they cool. If you leave them on the pan, they will continue to bake and will burn.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to eat.
Can't wait to check out other Meatless Monday recipes!
Labels: holiday, Meatless Monday, recipe