Athleta Sale on Sale Items

Athleta is offering an additional 20% off sale items through December 8. Use code SALE20 at checkout. Here are some of my picks.

Plush Tech Hoodie, $51.20 with 20% off (originally $84)

I have this in white. It's on the thin side, with the interior brushed with a thin tech fleece lining. It's no frills and has no pockets. The fabric at the neck is loose on your neck. I didn't have a problem with the hood flopping around. I wore mine running with a long sleeve top layered underneath, but it can also be layered under a heavier top. For the low price, I think it's a good moderate-weight piece. I sized up to a medium for layering, and it's really loose even with layers underneath. I think you could get by without sizing up and still wear layers underneath. Unless you have very slim hips, I don't suggest ordering the tall size, as it was more fitted on my hips. Because I don't have a winter running top in basic black, I ordered the black. It also comes in grey, yellow, and blue.

Note that there is a Plush Tech Half-Zip option, but I returned mine after ordering it a while ago. The zip actually has a mesh inset, which I found odd, and the bottom was tight on my hips. It does have nice kangaroo pockets in the front, though. It's $55.20 on sale (originally $89).

Toasty Buns Shorts, $24 on sale (originally $69)
These are Athleta's version of Lululemon's Hot Cheeks Shorts, which I believe were almost $70. These are insulated with synthetic material and quilted on the outside. If your buns get cold on runs, you may want to try these out because the price is so low. I ordered them to try.

Twillight Run Jacket, $56 on sale (originally $98)
I haven't tried this out, but it looks like a good basic winter running jacket with insulating tech fleece and wind-resistant front panels. If you like running in warmer layers in winter, this seems like a great price given that winter running jackets are so pricey.
There are also a number of running shell jackets and, of course, a lot of things from the summer are on sale.

Happy shopping!

Labels: ,