Review: Oiselle Tanks & New Lesko Bra

I took advantage of a recent sale Oiselle had for subscribers to try out some new running tanks and a bra. I love that you get a few goodies with your Oiselle order. This time I got a little pin and a temp tattoo. Oiselle ships from the West Coast, so my order took about a week to get to me.

The first tank I got was the Hail Mary Mesh Tank, which I ordered in white.

It’s basically two layers of soft, sheer mesh. I absolutely love it. (Note: I was so excited to try this tank on that I forgot to change from my bum-around-the-house-granny shorts into something that would have made a nice outfit. Sorry!)
 


It’s stylish and the next best thing to running in just a bra if you don’t want to run in just a bra. I think it’s my favorite tank for hot and humid runs. I also love that it’s sheer, so it’s great for showing off colorful sports bras (I'm wearing the Oiselle New Lesko Bra in Neon Pink underneath--review below). I bought a medium because I find that Oiselle’s small is a tad too small for me. (For reference, I'm usually a small in Athleta tops and a size 6 in Lululemon tops.) The fit was very roomy and loose, which is great for hot runs. My only complaint is that it’s long, which I’d like with capris and tights but don’t love with skorts and I mainly run in skorts in summer.

The second was the Vertical Drop Tank. I ordered it in burgundy, a color I don’t have in a top.

The fabric is extremely lightweight. I love how the back is open and shows your sports bra underneath. I also like the higher neckline, which is great for biking since I don’t like to show cleavage to everyone I pass. I love this tank and think it’s a great multi-purpose tank and not just for running or biking. It’s stylish enough that I’d wear it for casual wear too. I bought this tank in medium, and the fit is perfect. It's a relaxed fit without being baggy and is a good length that hits mid-hip.
The third was the jade green Flyte Tank, which Oiselle fans seem to love. It's currently on sale.

The fabric is seamless and very soft. The logo and bird designs are stitched into the fabric; the bird designs are more of an open fabric.

The fit, unfortunately, wasn’t great for me. I ordered a medium, and because the material is so stretchy, it's very loose on top but fits well on my hips. I have a small waist and larger hips, and it seems this tank was designed for those with more of a straight figure.
When I ran in it, the top was so loose that the straps kept flopping all over and down my shoulders, and I had to keep adjusting them. I hate having to adjust clothes when I run, so this was a big disappointment for me. I will probably not wear this tank again for running because it flops around so much. I think I needed a size small. I actually just ordered another seamless tank in a different design in a size small, so I hope that works better.
Close up of how loose the top is. You can see even here how the strap is starting to fall down.
 The last thing I ordered was the New Lesko Bra in neon pink.

The description says it’s good for A-C cups, and I’m a C. I ordered a medium. When I pulled it out of the bag, I immediately checked the tag to make sure they hadn’t sent me an extra-small. It was tiny! But it was in fact a medium. I knew that there was no way the girls would fit in it, but I gave it a try. I was right—the girls were totally spilling out of the top. It’s a shame because otherwise I loved the bra. It was extremely comfortable, and I love the mesh lining. I returned it, but if you’re an A-B cup, this seems like a great bra at a good price point. Plus, it's made in the USA.
Lululemon Energy Bra on the left and Oiselle New Lesko Bra on the right showing
how less coverage the Oiselle bra is
Oiselle bra on top of Lululemon bra
Oiselle New Lesko Bra showing back and mesh lining
Oiselle New Lesko Bra showing lining
I have another Oiselle order coming next week, so I’ll post a review of that soon.

Labels: ,