This Summer I Will...

Happy first day of summer!

A few weeks ago bloggers were doing a post about summer goals. I've been thinking of what I want to accomplish this summer aside from running goals and came up with this list.

This Summer I Will...
  1. Organize my clothes. My fitness wardrobe has grown so much that I'm out of space! I've long been wanting to add space in one of my spare rooms for clothes. I've already started and can't wait to work on this over the summer.
  2. Save for a new Garmin. My beloved Garmin (Forerunner 305) is five years old. I'm lusting
    after the new 620, but I need to pay off my credit card balance (which is small but still exists) first and then put money aside so that a new Garmin doesn't bring about yet another credit card balance. 
  3. Switch to weight machines. A trainer I worked with several years ago told me to always switch up your strength training routine every four to six weeks. I can use the gym where I work for free, but I have a home gym so it's easier and nicer to work out an home with my free weights, bosu ball, stability ball, kettlebells, etc....and cats "helping" me. It's been a while since I've used weight machines, so this summer I'm going to start.
  4. Get a tattoo. I got a tattoo when I turned 18. It is absolutely awful and looks like a prison tattoo. I have regretted it nearly every day I've had it--for 22 years! I found a tattoo artist whose style I like and picked out a design. I'm not excited about the actual act of getting a tattoo, but I really want to cover up my awful existing tattoo.
  5. Indulge--a little. When I do something, I do it 100%. If I have a long run scheduled for Saturday, I will go to bed at 9 p.m. on Friday night and skip get-togethers with friends or just drinks on the patio with my husband. That's good for my running but can be bad for my relationships. I know it's been tough on my husband when it seems to him like I all do is run, prepare to run, read about running, write about running, etc. This summer I want to find the right balance between having fun with my husband and friends and training for my fall half marathon.
What are your summer plans and goals?

Labels: ,