The Delicious One-Mile Recovery Run

Before joining the Runner's World Run Streak, I never thought of running on my rest or cross-training days and I never thought of running only one mile. Shouldn't non-running days in a training plan be reserved for rest and cross training? And what's the point of running just one mile?

It's just two weeks into the streak so my opinion may change, but I am loving the one-mile recovery run.

Have you ever run short distances on rest or recovery days? 

Speaking of feeling delicious, if you're a morning runner like me, you've been enjoying the crisp, cool mornings the past three days--54 this morning! The cool temps feel so good, especially yesterday when I had a really tough interval workout. Looks like the warm temps will be back this weekend, but I really enjoyed cool runs while they lasted.

Happy running and racing this weekend!


Labels: