New Training Plan

With the JASR 5K behind me, it's on to my next goal: a 10K. I registered for the Father's Day 10K, which is on the North Shore river trail--my stomping grounds. Last night I created a new training plan based on this one from Women's Running. It's a sub-60 minute plan, which means I'll need to maintain my 5K goal pace--9:39--for twice the distance. It sounds daunting, but I'm up for the challenge.

I also decided to run the Pittsburgh Marathon 5K on Saturday, May 3. I still want a sub-30 5K result!

I altered the plan slightly to take into account the Pittsburgh Marathon 5K and a few practice runs for that as well as a vacation in mid-May. I wasn't sure whether to take this week as a rest week because my taper last week was more like rest, so I made this a transition week into the new plan. I'm excited to start!


Labels: , , ,